About Me

Living off the land (as much as possible) in a Los Angeles suburb

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Platonic Ideal of a Raised Bed Garden is Within Reach

Here are some photos of the most perfect raised bed garden which I snapped today at Persson’s Nursery in Pasadena. Also a photo of the “plan view” of the garden.

This garden should be a great fit for my backyard and it’s what I am going to ask David Hawkins to build.  David is the contractor who build the hardscape and softscape for the front yard and he did a great job.



As soon as I can get a driveway gate installed near the front of the house so the dogs have somewhere to go while David's guys work in the back we can get the project started...

That’s it for today except for these three photos:
1. A fern groundcover I bought today at Persson’s but they didn’t know the exact name for – any ideas? I shall check in Western Garden Book.

2. Bunching onions I pulled from the back garden today.

3. Delicious tabouli I made this morning. The only ingredient from my garden was the mint but in a couple of month the only ingredient that WON'T be from my garden will be the bulgar wheat!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey There,

Have you considered planting bay leaf? It's a pretty plant and it's always nice to have fresh bay leaf. Mine grow great and I have to pot & bring them indoors during the winter...they would likely grow into lovey bushes at your warm, sunny joint.

Robyn said...

Girlriend, I have bayleaf! I got a little mini tree last year from the organic seedling guy at the Hollywood farmers market. It's doing very well. And yes it's a very interesting soft and complex taste compared to dried from the store! I had some amazing receipes using bay and sage. If I can find them I'll send to you.