About Me

Living off the land (as much as possible) in a Los Angeles suburb

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

First Radish

Back in LA after being out of town for eight days and happy to say the plants are in reasonably good shape.  I was able to pick and eat the first of the vegetable crops today - a single radish.  Illustrated here from as many angles as possible :-))  It was pretty peppery and had a good size and a good taste but was a little light (dry) for it's size, probably due to the fact that I let it get dried out a few times.  I guess you have to plant a lot more than six radish plants if you want much of a usable yield.  
















Other than that the seedlings are doing very well as you can see in the photo above at right.  I'm giving away any and all of these plants so if you are local and want one or more let me know...



And by the way, if you click on any photo it will enlarge to full screen size...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummy, can I have that with some dark rye bread and a bit of butter and salt please?
Nina